Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The 2011 Backwoods Fest

Another year as come and gone for the Thornville Backwoods Fest.
The crowds came but overall sales were down a considerable amount. I offered newly designed, carved bowls for everyday use in addition to my good old standbys...Halloween, but Halloween is what the people wanted - so next year it is what they will get! Months of cleaning, designing, sculpting, carving, and painting led to some pretty disappointing results, but I sure had fun anyways!

It is always good to see old friends and to make new ones. Now that I can be found on facebook, I had the opportunity to meet and greet some of my new followers. I was amazed to learn how many pieces individual collectors have of my work...the winner went to a gal who owns 16 of my gourds!  And, she bought more!  Let's see who can top that one! 

In all seriousness, I greatly appreciate all the kind words, encouragement, compliments and patronage. Without you, all this hard work wouldn't be worth it.  THANK YOU!

Just had to share...the hubs! Working hard or hardly working?  You decide!


Another view of the booth at the start of the show


And along came the crowds...Standing room only


No comments: