Thursday, January 7, 2010

2010 Art of Gourdology

To those of you who are new to my blog...
I offer whimsical, seasonal-themed folk artwork. Like all my whimsical creations, my designs are entirely hand sculpted and painted. All designs contain a gourd in one fashion or another. I may make more than one of a particular design, but each one will be different from all others. You can be reassured you are purchasing a unique piece of quality artwork.

Each piece is hand sculpted with air dry clay porcelain or clay over an armature either of wire, wood, gourds or a combination. They are then coated several times with Gesso, sanded, hand painted with acrylics, aged and then sealed with varnish.

Finishing touches may include a dusting of German glass glitter, assorted fabric and findings, tissue festooning, vintage garland, and/or hand sculpted or re-purposed accessories. Each piece is signed, numbered and dated by me, Artist - Carolyn Lockwood.

I have been producing artwork for local and national shows for over 30 years. What began purely as a creative outlet, has evolved into an obession of sorts. In addition, I have been employed as a designer at several stages in my professional career. However, producing artwork is not my full time profession.

Inquiries and commissions are always welcome. Wholesale is yet another avenue I have yet to explore, but I am always interested in something new.

No comments: